Reopening Letter to Patients
Dear Patients we have some good news regarding opening of our practice from 8th June and our new protocols in relation to Covid -19.
We are pleased to announce that our practice will be opening on 8th June to see our patients. We will begin seeing patients with specific problems. Whilst many things have changed, we want to reassure you that we remain fully committed to your safety.
At Pall Mall Dental we have always maintained the highest standards of infection control and are adopting a brand new infection control protocol In light of regulations concerning COVID-19.
We would like to inform you of changes we need to implement to reduce the risk to you, your families and to our staff.
In accordance with the advice, initially we will be offering appointments to those patients who have been in pain or have had to contact us for emergency treatment during the lockdown.
Dentistry will have to adapt to the new environment in which we live, and as such, Pall Mall Dental will be making all the necessary changes that are required to keep both our patients and our staff safe.
- Patients will be called the day before the appointment to complete our Covid-19 screening report verbally.
- We very kindly ask patients to stay outside the practice and please call the receptionist upon arrival on 0207 766 7150 . Our receptionist will then greet you at the practice door.
- Inside the practice the patient’s temperature will be taken. Patients with temperatures above 37.8˚C will be rescheduled. Please do not take any paracetamol prior to the appointment as this makes the readings inaccurate.
- Please maintain our recommended social distancing guidelines whilst in the waiting areas.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the practice (please call us on 0207 766 7150 if you need to attend with a child)
- Increased time slots booked off for each appointment so as to give us even more time for cross-infection control between appointments
- New sneeze-guard screen at the reception desk to protect patient and staff alike
- Our Staff will be wearing optimum graded PPE during all treatments . We request, if possible that patients wear a mask upon arrival at the practice, which should remain in place while they are in the reception area and until they are inside the surgery for treatment.
- We kindly ask Patients to sanitise their hands using our hand sanitisers upon arrival and when leaving the practice
- All of our team members will be fully health screened before each of their shifts.
- Staff will receive ongoing training in the best management of Covid-19
- We follow the most stringent guidelines regarding your safety from Covid-19 and in keeping with these guidelines we will always wear the most optimum graded PPE available including masks, face shields and disposable gowns or aprons.
- Patients asked to bring only essential items and to attend the practice alone.
- Payments made by credit/debit card if possible.
- No magazines or water fountain available.
- All door handles, iPads, card machine, and other communal surfaces will be regularly wiped down in line with our rigorous Covid-19 prevention procedures.
Unfortunately, the virus is still a threat. However, we follow the most rigorous universal precautions to minimise any transmission risks.
Best wishes and Welcome back!
The Dental Team at Pall Mall Dental